The following classes are offered to everyone. Classes run September 2- December 9, 9:30-1o:15am every Sunday in the West Wing. Single session attendance is fine as most classes do not require homework.
God’s Word for Today: Romans, Alive in Christ
Leader will be Mark Newton
Each study in the God’s Word for Today series provides an in-depth exploration of a book of the Bible. Each session includes:
- Background information on the book of the Bible, its author, audience, occasion, and purpose.
- Learning experiences that promote exciting and challenging discussions.
- Discussion starters that help participants apply God’s Word to their daily lives.
(13 sessions) Romans summarizes well both a quarter century of Paul’s missionary preaching and teaching, and the essential emphases of his evangelical theology.
Liturgy: Yesterday, Today and Forever
Leader will be Russell Davies
Have you ever wondered why we worship like we do each Sunday? Where did the Liturgy come from? Join us for a 12-week class tracing the origin and development of the Historic Liturgy.
- Video series Hosted by Rev. Dr. Arthur Just of Concordia Theological Seminary, Ft. Wayne.
- Discover the Jewish roots of the liturgy.
- Explore the ongoing development of the rite as the church grew from small home churches to the massive bassilica.
- See how today's liturgy is a continuation of the historic church that has been faithful for two millenia.
Christians in Conflict
Leaders will be Darrah Franks & Deaconess Julie
The Christians in Conflict: A Bible Study About Peacemaking looks at the causes of conflict as outlined in the epistle of James. It examines typical responses to conflict and shows how the biblical principles of confession, absolution, and forgiveness are all key in finding a resolution. However, God's Word is the most important part of peacemaking and the only way to facilitate true healing and comfort.
The eight lessons included are:
- What Causes Conflict?
- How We Deal With Conflict
- The Most Excellent Way
- Blessed Are the Peacemakers
- Peacemaking and Faith
- Equipped for Peacemaking
- Hard Teachings
- A City of Peace
East Wing Adult Bible Study
Leader is Steve Meyer
For parents of young families. This study digs deeper into the weekly children’s Bible story. We look forward to this study with our families.
God Protects His People in Egypt and the Exodus
- Joseph’s Troubles,
- Joseph Feeds Egypt,
- Joseph Forgives,
- The Birth of Moses,
- Moses and the Burning Bush,
- Moses and the Plagues,
- The Passover,
- Crossing the Red Sea,
- God Provides Manna, Water and Quail,
- The Ten Commandments,
- Worship in the Tabernacle,
- The Bronze Serpent