Pastor Armstrong's sermon is based on 1 Timothy 2:1-15.
Man and woman: equal and different (1 Timothy 2:1-15)
I. Men and women are equal before God.
A. All bear God’s image (Genesis 1:27).
B. All are joint heirs of salvation (Galatians 3:27-28).
C. Therefore, our culture assumes men and women are __________________.
II. Instructions for worship (vv.1-15) remind us that man and woman are different (complementarianism).
A. Men are to pray (v.8; Genesis 12:7-8).
B. Women are to adorn themselves with good works (vv.9-10; Prov.31).
C. Neither __________, nor most _________, are called to be pastors (vv.11-14; 1 Cor. 14:33-38).
1. This was counter-cultural and based on the order of ___________ (v.13).
2. “Let a woman learn ‘in quietness’” = not making a disturbance (see also vv.2, 12).
3. “Submissiveness” (v.11) to God’s order is Christlike and required of all people (1 Peter 2:13-25).
4. The man (Christ) gives, the woman (Church) receives (vv.5-6; Ephesians 5:22-33).
5. Women may teach other ___________ (Titus 2:3-5), ____________ (2 Timothy 1:5; 3:15) and ____________ in private (Acts 18:24-26) but not men in the worship service (v.12).
III. Scripture elevates woman by highlighting her uniqueness: __________________ (v.15).
IV. All believers are called to a “___________” life (v.2).