Pastor Armstrong's Holy Thursday sermon is based on 1 Corinthians 11:23-32.
The Most Amazing Supper You’ve Ever Had: what it is and what it does
I. What it is:
A. it is the true _________ and __________ of our Lord Jesus Christ, in with and under the bread and the wine, for us Christians to eat and to drink.
B. How can this be?
1. Jesus said so (Matthew 26:26-28).
2. Paul said so (1 Corinthians 10:16; 11:27).
3. We submit our_____________ to the Word of God (1 Corinthians 1:25)!
II. What it does:
A. Through this meal, God delivers us from sin and death.
B. It is the “remembrance” of Christ’s death.
1. Remembrance involves much more than recollection of an event; it involves ________________ in that event (cf. Exodus 12:14; 13:9).
2. Through the Passover Meal, generations of Israelites personally _________________ in the Exodus from Egypt, and through the Lord’s Supper, generations of Christians personally _________________ in the new and greater “Exodus” of Jesus, His deliverance of humanity from sin and death (Luke 9:31; 1 Corinthians 10:16).
3. The Real Presence of the Lord in His Supper makes us ___________________ with Him and with believers of all ages (1 Corinthians 10:17).