Pastor Armstrong's sermon is based on Mark 6:30-44.
“His heart, your hands” (Mark 6:30-44)
I. “Sheep without a shepherd” denotes a people _______________ and therefore _____________ (Numbers 27:17; Ezekiel 34:5).
II. Jesus shows _______________ for the people (this word is used only of Jesus in the NT), and he shows it by:
A. ______________ them (v.34),
B. and _______________them, but only through the disciples (vv. 37-41).
1. Jesus continues to show compassion today through Word and Sacrament ministry (Acts 2:42).
a. Jesus taught and tabled with the multitude in Galilee.
b. Jesus teaches and tables with us.
2. Today, Jesus shows compassion for the leaderless and vulnerable through us, for we are His __________ (1 Corinthians 12:27).
III. Jesus leads the disciples into a situation ____________ human ability (i.e. a “planned” dilemma):
A. with “________________” resources (vv.37-38),
B. and with an ___________________ God (vv.41-44).
1. Question: How many times must the disciples witness Christ’s ability before they believe in it?
2. Answer: ________________________________.
3. ________ is no barrier to service (“If we are faithless, He remains faithful,” 2 Timothy 2:13).