In-Person Worship Service Procedures
Welcome back to in-person worship in the community of Grace Lutheran Church. The objective of these procedures is to allow corporate worship with Holy Communion while abiding by Indiana state guidelines and ensuring the safety of our members and visitors to the best of our ability.
- Facial coverings available on site
- Use available hand sanitizers upon entering the sanctuary
- Avoid contact of high touch points as much as possible
- Pick up individual bulletins upon entering the sanctuary
- Sit in marked pews at the direction of the ushers;
alternating pews between services
- Ensure 6-foot minimum separation between family groups
- Children to remain seated with family during the Children’s Messages
- Discard used bulletins in trash cans upon leaving the sanctuary
- Place donation envelopes in plates upon leaving the sanctuary
Holy Communion Procedures:
- Approach the front of the altar steps as directed by the usher,
one family group at a time
- Use available hand sanitizers approaching Communion
- Receive the Host from the Pastor and individual cup from the elder
- Deposit used cups in baskets provided
- Return to seats as directed
- Bring personal activity bags for your children
Before returning to Grace services, consider the following guidance:
- Members who feel that staying at home is better for them at this time are encouraged to worship via livestream at our website.
- Members who are sick, develop COVID-19 symptoms or believe they may have been exposed by close contact should stay at home.